5 easy style tips to transform your Home into a Biophilic Oasis
Your Interior style can have a positive, calming influence on your well-being, perfect for all of us juggling busy lifestyles, working from home & as we move into the winter months. Biophilic design aims to bring the outside in through a connection to nature and a love of life & living things. Biophilic home style will help you incorporate more light, better air flow & encourages better sleep, transforming your Home into a peaceful oasis.
Here are 5 easy tips to add Biophilic design principles into your Home:
1. Incorporate Plants. If you are a novice or struggle with care & maintenance, start with easy-care succulents & cacti.
2. Speaking of Plants & Greenery, embrace the soothing colour Green. To us, Green is a neutral and you will see it scattered through all of our categories & Collections. Green is easily added to a space through soft furnishings and decor.
3. Maximise exposure to natural light. De-clutter, pull back the curtains & lift the blinds, clear any obstructions from windowsills. We also recommend creating a cosy nook by moving your furniture to maximise your time & exposure to light. Layer light with lamps & candles.
4. Fill your home with natural materials and textures, like timber, rattan & stone.
5. Embrace curves! Mimic the shapes & patterns you see in nature with curved organic shapes, scalloped detailing & leaf motif's in Art & soft furnishings.