5 Tips for styling a small space
Small spaces need big ideas to make sure you get maximum functionality whilst reflecting your own unique style.
Here are our top 5 tips for making your small spaces work hard for you:
1. Invest in Accent Tables: Use them as side tables in a small lounge area, as bedside tables or drinks tables, as plant stands or stools for guests. You can also style them as a bath side table for when it's time for a relaxing soak. Look for statement materials to add that extra wow factor.
2. Make every piece count: Storage is always at a premium so choose Vases & Vessels that look as good empty as when they are filled with your favourite blooms. (We also recommend dried native flowers as they really last the distance & are environmentally friendly & cost-effective.)
3. Trap light: Use Mirrors to bounce light around and to add the illusion of extra space. If possible, position them so that they reflect a light source or view. Our top tip for renters is to choose a framed full-length mirror that can be leant against a wall rather than having to add wall fittings.
4. Dress your walls: When space is at a premium use Wall Art to add that extra finishing touch that brings a space together and draws the eye. Think of Art as a statement bag or earrings for your wall, that really reflect you & your style. Lightweight framed Canvas Art not only looks amazing but can be hung using removable wall hooks, which means that you can move them around easily.
5. Embrace curves: Circular rugs are the perfect flooring solution for a tight space as they encourage the eye to travel around. They also add a layer of texture, contrast & warmth, for that homey feel.